Design Manager, Web Presence
United States (Remote)
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Designer Manager for the small but mighty Web Presence team.
About the role:
The Web Presence team at HashiCorp is a group of interactive designers, front-end specialists, and web strategists, and every skill set in-between. We design and build the first impression of HashiCorp, and obsessive over every pixel because we intuitively understand our role in building trust with our customers.
In your cover letter, please include a link to your online portfolio, your CV or LinkedIn profile, and 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences, plus a few words to describe why HashiCorp is interesting to you.
We're looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of experience as a manager
- 5+ years of relevant web design experience, at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- A passion for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of site maps. engaging microsites, Figma libraries, digital experiments, CSS art, or anything else—show us what you’ve got!
- Fundamental understanding of the formal elements of design–not just limited to the web–and including typography, layout, balance, rhythm, and proportion
- Strong opinions on what excellent web experiences look like and how to build them
- Experience working with cross-functional distributed teams
- Strong communication skills
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with a team of talented engineers, product marketing managers, product owners, and designers to deliver a cohesive web narrative that supports all of HashiCorp’s products
- Partner closely with HashiCorp PMM, Digital, Marketing, and Product teams to support their specific needs while maintaining high quality and a consistent bar across deliverable
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of HashiCorp
- Recruit, coach, and mentor web designers
- Participate directly in information architecture discussions and doggedly advocate for web solutions tailored to our audience
You may be a good addition to the team if:
- You’ve managed teams that have built and maintained a portfolio of digital properties
- You enjoy working closely with stakeholders, both internally and externally
- You work very well cross-functionally and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions.
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1