Director, Engineering Provider Ecosystem - Terraform
United States (Remote), Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the command line. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Providers are plugins that provide the interface and interactions between Terraform and the APIs that interact with infrastructure. In many ways Terraform is its provider ecosystem as they are such an integral part of using the product. The Provider Ecosystem group is responsible for maintaining and growing the number of providers available to our users as well as making sure the development and onboarding experience is phenomenal.
The teams that make up Terraform Providers take on a range of responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the official Terraform providers, which represent a significant part of the Terraform user experience
- Drive the development of new strategic providers to grow the ecosystem
- Ship libraries and documentation that allow partners and community members to extend Terraform and deliver their own providers
- Interact with a wide range of users, from a highly engaged open source community to our largest enterprise customers
In this role, you can expect to...
- Take ownership for the overall delivery of the teams within the group, working through managers to establish feedback loops that facilitate continuous improvement
- Collaborate with product management to craft an overall vision and strategy for the group that is aligned with the broader product line and company goals
- Work directly with some of our largest partners to help them with their provider development
- Partner with product managers, software engineers, customer success, and business leads to define your team’s roadmap
- Play a mix of roles, including management and coaching, hiring, long term planning, product management assistance, and technical contribution and guidance
You may be a good fit for our team if...
- You have 2+ years of experience managing through managers
- You have managed teams that deliver highly technical products
- You have worked with user bases in open source and/or enterprise contexts
- You have experience with DevOps tooling or infrastructure-as-a-service
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.