Federal Sr. Support Engineer - Vault
United States - Delaware (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
About the Role
HashiCorp is looking for an experienced customer facing engineering professional to join its Vault Support Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the support engineering and Vault Open Source/Enterprise teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, constant learning, and iteration. You are a self-motivated, tactful, detail-oriented person with an insatiable desire to learn new technology and an eye for automation, customer experience, process improvement, and efficient problem solving.
**This role is supporting Federal Customers, so US Citizenship is required as well as residency in or near Washington, DC.
Reporting to the Manager, Support Engineering, the Senior Support Engineer will be a key member of the Global Support & Services organization and advocate for customer satisfaction and success. The Senior Support Engineer will troubleshoot complex issues related to Vault and Vault Enterprise and work to find viable solutions while maintaining detailed communication with customers and responsiveness to their needs. They will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product meetings. The Senior Support Engineer will attend customer meetings as needed to help identify, debug and resolve the customer issue and will serve as a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible the Senior Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and build tools to make the support team as a whole more successful. This position is remote and involves collaborating with a global, remote team.
In this role you can expect to:
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by building or using existing test environments and tools.
- Communicate tactfully with customers: gather info, provide diagnostic and resolution steps, convey process and product guidance
- Solve incoming technical support requests within SLA, including high-severity urgent cases
- Continuously increase knowledge and help train the team on 3rd party technologies that integrate with Vault and on new Vault features
- Identify and communicate product usage trends, bugs and feature requests at weekly product engineering meetings
- Collaborate with account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer debugging calls
- Document and record all activity with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools in collaboration with the team
- Periodic on-call rotation for production-down issues
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 5 years of Support Engineering experience (or comparable customer-facing technical role), preferably for mission-critical software
- Must be a US Citizen.
- DevOps Engineering, Software Engineering, and/or System Administration experience is a huge plus
- Experience with Vault & other HashiCorp tools is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving urgent, high-visibility technical problems
- Experience communicating clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working with Enterprise customers and advocating for customer experience
- Experience with major cloud platforms, distributed systems, microservice architecture, and containers
- Experience with scripting tool of choice to help automate reproduction environments (for example, Bash, Python)
- Ability to read complex code for troubleshooting and familiarity with Github
- Experience with REST APIs and command line tools
- Well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1