Director, Product Management - Cloud Services
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
As the Director of Product Management for HashiCorp Cloud Services, you will drive HashiCorp’s cloud platform strategy to accelerate the journey of all HashiCorp products to the cloud. You will manage and scale a team of product managers towards a common vision and mentor them to do their best work — stakeholder research, requirements definition, and roadmap creation.
Hashicorp Cloud Services provide open source practitioners and enterprise users a way to easily provision and consume managed versions of HashiCorp products. Users will be able to deploy and use HashiCorp products without having to provision and manage any of the underlying software or infrastructure. This is one of the most important strategic initiatives for HashiCorp, and was prominently featured in the opening keynote at our recently concluded community conference - HashiConf 2020.
As the Director of the HashiCorp Cloud Services product management team, you will own the overall success of the HashiCorp Cloud Platform, and you will hire and manage a team of product managers responsible for the distinct product areas within this initiative.
In this role you can expect to
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Engage with internal product stakeholders, customers, and community members to drive the roadmap.
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by product managers.
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps.
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver on the roadmap.
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests.
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc).
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- 6+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 4+ years of managing other product managers
- Experience with SaaS infrastructure products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
Attributes we look for in successful product managers
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1