Sr. Manager, Enterprise Architecture, Integrations and BI Platforms
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premise environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
As a Sr. Manager, you’ll provide thought leadership, develop strategies, provide technical expertise and lead a team to drive/enforce enterprise architecture principles, build an integration team and support the analytics function to provide data driven insights to business partners. The ability to understand our current and future business processes and strategy then align them to the current and future technology roadmap is an important aspect of the job. As a founding member of this function, you are comfortable with both breaking down complex systems to non-technical staff members, as well as collaborating on end-to-end architecture with departments such as Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Marketing on extremely complex technical issues and collaborating on strategic initiatives.
As the backbone of the application landscape, this team will be accountable for selecting an integration approach for cloud-first architectures (SaaS, PaaS, iPaaS) including intelligent automations, RPA and modern integration architectures. You will be a significant contributor in building a data driven culture by providing the tools to business leaders to make data driven decisions.
In this role, you can expect to
- This role will set the guidelines and architecture principles, define and evolve Enterprise Architecture (EA) that appropriately balances enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints.
- Establish and adhere to the best practices around enterprise integration patterns, tools and 360 enterprise analytics.
- Translate customer business goals into best practice technology solutions, define automation roadmap based on business use cases, and oversee implementation through the use of market relevant tools and technologies.
- Partner with the Business Systems leaders to create and implement a technology vision and multi-year plan including disaster recovery and major systems backup plan.
- Act as one of the lead stakeholders in all major IT application projects and serve as an overall release manager for cross functional efforts to avoid major change collisions. Your superior communication and coordination skills will help in stakeholder management for efficient execution of your projects.
- Partner with Security and Global Infrastructure to ensure a consistent architecture approach for global applications.
- Perform architecture reviews and capability assessments on the current enterprise landscape; provide recommendations for application modernization,portfolio optimization, and execute approved projects.
- Be an active voice in build vs. buy decisions.
- Present gap analyses and/or IT investment roadmaps that reflect the status of the existing IT landscape, its ability to contribute to future state business capabilities around ecosystems, and digital platforms.
- Build an effective architecture, Integration & Analytics organization leveraging the onsite and offshore model.
- Find ways to collaborate with Engineering and contribute to using HashiCorp products where possible.
- Partner with our Compliance team to address global or universal data regulations and quality standards, such as GDPR, HIPAA, ISO, and others across all applications.
- Keep track of best practices, trends and advancements including AI and RPA and find ways to lay the foundation for use at HashiCorp.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; architecture framework (e.g. BOST, TOGAF, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- An EA certification is a plus.
- Combined 10+ years of experience in several of the following areas: integrations, BI, software design and development; architecting modern heavily utilized and highly available applications.
- Wide knowledge and experience in architecture domains, including business, application, data, infrastructure and security.
- Strong understanding of security, risk, compliance frameworks, and disaster recovery.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of driving results through indirect influence.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests.
- Commitment to excellence in the delivery of customer service.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-ES1