Sr. Partner Solutions Engineer - Public Sector
United States - Maryland (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
As a Partner Solutions Engineer (PSE) at HashiCorp, you will work in a high performance team environment to drive our Channel efforts by providing technical expertise around Development Operations specifically in the context of multiple technical (development. operations, and security) and executive audiences within HashiCorp’s partner community. A PSE will be working directly with the Partner Sales Manager (PSM), HashiCorp Sales teams, and Channel Partner Sales teams to drive overall revenue within the channel.
- Lead as a domain expert in hybrid/multi-cloud solutions for the PubSec sales team and technical lead on strategic client relationships in the PubSec space
- Lead technical enablement and co-selling strategies with Channel partners to create a force multiplying effect for the HashiCorp Sales teams
- Responsible for training plan development and delivery for the PubSec channel partner community including enablement, technical discovery, technical value proposition, and architectural guidance
- Ability to provide expert guidance on operations excellence with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio and the competitive landscape
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic partner success with the active participation in HashiCorp Sales teams’ meetings and rituals
- Actively assist Public Sector Sales teams in enabling local SIs
- 5+ years technical pre-sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners with customer facing experience are welcome as well (Federal/Public Sector experience preferred)
- Knowledge of or experience with Federal IT and Mission operational environments and requirements (classified/secure networks, IL’s, compliance, MLS, regulatory, intermittent / field environments, enterprise to edge deployments, etc) preferred
- Past experience working with DoD and Federal accounts and PubSec Partner experience preferred
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of Federal cloud operating environments (Gov Cloud, Azure Secret, SC2S/C2S/C2E, etc.) and others, preferred
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- US Citizenship required, Government (active) clearance preferred
- Domestic and occasionally international travel required
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MF1