Manager, Engineering - Terraform Cloud
United States (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is almost entirely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing a Terraform Cloud engineering team and participating in overall product delivery.
Terraform Cloud is a multi-tenant SaaS, which also gets distributed as a Private deployment targeting many different customer-run infrastructure platforms. The Terraform Cloud engineering team is dedicated to developing the product as it continues to evolve.
HashiCorp views management and technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering Terraform Cloud to a fast-growing customer base
- Help the team field issues coming from customers working on using Terraform Cloud on their infrastructure
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Hire within the US, UK, Canada, and more to grow your team
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
- A strong and nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used infrastructure technologies
- Interest in a management career track in a technical context
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Terraform Cloud team in particular. Note that we consider a cover letter a required part of a complete application.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.