Product Manager - Terraform
United States (Remote)
About the Role
Terraform is striving to create the best workflow for provisioning infrastructure. We believe that by defining Infrastructure as Code you have not only a better development experience when provisioning any service but that you can create workflows that are more robust and powerful. A passionate open source developer audience has allowed us to grow one of the most popular open source tools today, a rich ecosystem of extensions into almost every infrastructure service available, and a commercial product which aims to help people provision at scale.
We’re looking for people who are interested in this space and want to join us to move it forward.
- We’ve had a remote-first culture from the beginning. Our entire company, processes, and tools have been designed around this to ensure everyone is able to be successful from wherever they work.
- The remote-first culture also means people value the actual work you do and not just what time you’re at the office.
- We’re privileged to be building tools that are already widely adopted by hundreds of thousands of people, and most of the world’s most successful companies. There is an amazing amount of opportunity to positively impact many many people.
- You’ll get a budget each year for continued professional development.
- We are dedicated to supporting the needs of our employees and their families in a way that is inclusive of all family structures. We’ve an extensive and generous list of benefits (which vary by country) to cover things such as parental leave, mental health days and assistance, medical insurance, etc.
- Did we mention we’re in the top 5 of the Forbes Cloud 100, 2 years in a row? This is such an exciting stage to be joining us.
In this role, you can expect to
- Speak to customers to define what problems we need to solve. Find the essence of the issues they are having and help communicate them to your engineering team.
- Communicate clearly, as a remote company it’s important for us to be able to write well to share our research and
- Work full features, releases and product improvements from start to finish with engineering and design. Own the user feedback cycle and represent it in the team.
- Bring your own unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches.
- Take advantage of the rapid growth of a successful product to further your own product management and career development.
You should apply for this role if you have
- 2+ years in product management or have a technical background in infrastructure or DevOps.
- Experience using Terraform, similar devops tooling, or cloud infrastructure in general.
- Articulate and effective communication skills, both in writing and verbally
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills