Sr. Product Manager - Terraform OSS
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
At the core of the Terraform product line is the open source binary. It is a popular project on Github and has an enthusiastic, large user base of practitioners across many of the worlds largest companies.
The Terraform Core team is responsible for the maintenance and stewardship of the open source project as well as the HCL language and tooling associated with it. You will work with Terraform practitioners and be actively involved in understanding their needs. You will also be tasked with mapping the relationship to our commercial products and walking that challenging line from an open source community to an enterprise experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Play a significant role in shaping the way the world’s most successful companies manage their infrastructure by helping plan and guide the future releases of Terraform.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing teams to distill the most important problems to be solved for our teams to deliver. Continually refining and communicating as we learn new insights together.
- Keep various stakeholders across the business updated, engaged, and excited about the work our teams are doing and what it’s enabling for our customers.
- Play a supporting role in the writing and curation of content that helps our customers, and customer-facing teams, make the most of the products and features that we build.
- Bring your own unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches.
- Join a motivating and supportive team that helps their teammates regularly deliver their best work.
- Take advantage of a highly visible OSS project to further your own product management and career development.
You should apply for this role if you answer yes to one of more of these questions
- Do you like working on open source projects and have led a significant project before or are interested to learn how to?
- Can you build a story and vision that gets different groups of people aligned towards a common goal?
- Do you have examples of where you’ve analyzed and evaluated the tradeoffs between various approaches, and then made an informed decision on what to prioritize and why?
- Have you conducted customer interviews where you’ve uncovered the real underlying problems they need solved, beyond the initial superficial suggestions on what they think they’d like?
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1