Senior Web Engineer, Digital
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We're currently hiring for two roles, including:
- Senior Engineer, Documentation - Focused on the documentation sites for our products.
- Senior Engineer, Education - Focus on our practitioner education platform.
This posting covers all three of these positions because we want to reach as many potential candidates as possible. We'd love to talk in more detail about the right fit for you.
The Digital team is a small group of engineers embedded inside the Marketing organization. We're responsible for HashiCorp's 8+ documentation websites, an education platform, events websites, our marketing websites and a variety of other smaller sites. We're a hybrid between an agency and product team, which means there's opportunity for a variety of types of work.
Along with the rest of HashiCorp, we know we can't succeed without each team member being successful - a great team culture is something that is constructed by actual experiences, not through words alone. HashiCorp's Principles are referenced in our day-to-day work and aren't just "words on the wall".
- You will be part of a well-supported, skilled team where your long-term personal and professional growth are prioritized.
- A fully remote culture. HashiCorp has been a distributed company since the beginning. Read more about How HashiCorp Works.
- A trust-based work environment where expectations are set clearly, and you’re given the space to fulfill them. And you get clear, direct and transparent feedback on how you’re doing, with support to grow and develop.
- A wide variety of types of work to explore, and the space and support to try out taking on new responsibilities. Our team has a clear career rubric for both IC and management tracks.
- Opportunities to write about your work, open source projects, and participate in dev advocacy across the industry.
- Competitive salary, generous equity grants, excellent benefits and flexible time off policy.
In This Role, You Can Expect To
- Contribute maintainable, well-tested, accessible, and well-documented code to our shared React component library.
- Extend and improve the shared platform tooling and libraries used across all our sites.
- Partner with designers to implement front-end projects with animations, interaction and meticulous polish.
- Improve the way that users consume our product documentation, work with product engineers to improve their docs authoring experience, or both.
- Build out features for authenticated users on our Learn app.
- Use and contribute improvements to our open source tools including next-mdx-remote, Swingset and more.
- Contribute to backend systems and APIs that power our sites
You May Be a Good Fit If You Have
- Curious, creative and collaborative. You approach problems incrementally and collaboratively, taking a pragmatic approach without premature optimization or abstraction.
- Someone who likes communicating your ideas and plan to tackle something in prose and workshopping it with teammates before you start writing code.
- Open-minded, you enjoy collaborating across disciplines (engineering, design, product, marketing and more) and differing levels of experience, from junior engineers to VPs.
- Willing to form well-considered, strong opinions, share your opinions, listen to others' opinions, and be open to changing your mind sometimes.
- A person who desires direct, clear, and kind feedback, and are willing to give the same to others, even when it's hard to do.
- A person who values the flexibility that comes with a distributed team, while recognizing the extra effort that everyone has to put into communication and relationship-building.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-CP1 #LI-Remote