Regional Manager - Solutions Engineering - Central and Southeast
United States - Atlanta, Georgia (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
The Regional Manager of Solutions Engineering for the West and Central will report directly to the AVP of Solutions Engineering. The Regional Manager will build, manage, develop, and lead an organization of Solutions Engineers partnered with ourSales organization and focus on HashiCorp’s most strategic accounts.
The key objective of this role is to provide both Technical and Sales Leadership to a regional team of 6+ technical individual contributors, as well as act as a pre-sales escalation for the team and engage directly in certain key commercial opportunities within the region. As with any leadership position, it is required to nurture and support team members into advancing their skill sets and career within HashiCorp in order to retain talent, as well assist into hiring within the team and other regional teams.
This role will also be responsible for influencing strategic decisions on sales, go to market, product management, product marketing, overall long-term corporate vision, and leadership mentoring.
- Accomplished Pre-Sales engineering leader with 4-6+ years of enterprise software and staff management experience.
- Technical leadership in at least one of HashiCorp influence areas (provision, secure, connect or run).
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Successful track record of defining and executing strategic and innovative projects which have had major impact on company performance
- Leadership abilities along with proven success in building, growing and managing a highly talented and motivated regional organization of 6+ individual contributors
- Experienced and strong supporter of development operations methodologies
- Prioritize and allocate resources against an array of simultaneously-running projects, with appropriate analysis, along with bringing major new features or price points all the way from conception to market and into ongoing maintenance
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies such as cloud computing, distributed systems, and cluster management software
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including the ability to present ideas on both technical and business elements
- Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a predisposition towards mentoring staff and encouraging their professional career development
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex and difficult decisions at all times
- Advanced technical/engineering degree; MBA is helpful but not required
- Strong strategic thinking ability and demonstrated business acumen
- Residency in the relevant territory.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MF1