Sr. Manager, Product Management - Terraform
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
Terraform is striving to create the best workflow for provisioning infrastructure. We believe that by defining Infrastructure as Code you have not only a better development experience when provisioning any service but that you can create workflows that are more robust and powerful. A passionate open source developer audience has allowed us to grow one of the most popular open source tools today, a rich ecosystem of extensions into almost every infrastructure service available, and a commercial product which aims to help people provision at scale.
We’re looking for people who are interested in this space and want to join us to move it forward.
In this Leadership role you can expect to:
- Work with many different internal teams to figure out the best way to communicate within the company and to our customers.
- Own the strategic direction of your group, and be able to regularly present it leadership and customers.
- Help build processes to prioritize customer, community and internal feature requests on multiple very big Open Source projects.
- Manage a growing group of product people, helping to define and plan for sustainable growth and personal development within your team.
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 2+ years in product management or have a technical background in infrastructure or DevOps.
- 2+ years managing people. Good experience in giving constructive feedback and building/planning how to grow a team.
- Significant experience with devops tooling, or infrastructure-as-a-service.
- Articulate and effective communication skills, both in writing and verbally
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1