United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist, to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in San Francisco, CA with employees in many different States and expanding to different countries. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has an excellent core knowledge of US payroll in multiple States and is looking to grow and expand their role in Payroll.
A successful candidate thrives in a high growth and high energy company.
In this role you can expect to:
- Perform daily payroll department operations, including maintaining employee documents and corresponding with payroll providers (US and non-US)
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately
- Post payroll journal entries into accounting system
- Reconcile payroll transmission to general ledger
- Process manual checks
- Understand proper taxation of employer benefits
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State payroll withholdings
- Review and process sales commission payments
- Partner with HR on projects
- Maintain ADP Time & Attendance
- Coordinate Leave of Absence payments with third party vendor
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and payroll transactions
- Respond to employees and internal teams when there are payroll inquiries, including and not limited to LoAs, 401k issues, garnishments, employment verifications, pay details, vacation accruals, ESPP and tax withholdings.
- We are expanding to other countries! With the help of Advisors, this role may have opportunities to set up payroll in other countries.
- Software implementations including Workday, and other integrations.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to respond to payroll inquiries with professionalism, kindness and empathy.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of processing multi-state payroll
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now, ADP Reporting and GL Interface
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite, and G Suite
- Netsuite a plus
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-ES1