Sr. Manager, Technical Program Management
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with infrastructure automation solutions. Our product suite provides a consistent approach to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. We're designing and building the future of infrastructure tooling.
About the role
As a Senior Manager of Technical Program Management, you will be focusing on our Product portfolio delivery. In this role, you will manage a group of Technical Program Managers and partner with key business and R&D leaders to deliver effectively our products and features in all supported form factors. It is a pivotal time to join the R&D organization to help HashiCorp scale and be a part of our Cloud journey.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in building and leading high performance teams to execute on major initiatives and strategically exceeding objectives. This will require an excellent balance of leadership, organizational, and technical skills.
- Develop, mentor and coach a high performing team of Technical Program Managers who are working cross-functionally for effective product delivery
- Scale planning process, execution frameworks, and risk management for teams while providing visibility to resource allocation/prioritization to management.
- Manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams and possess strong problem-solving/negotiation skills to earn trust and influence teams.
- Create an autonomous work environment that fosters accountability, transparency, and excellence.
- Develop and enforce a succinct/high-quality internal documentation framework and manage timely, succinct communications to leadership and across teams
- Understand customer needs and see the big picture to ensure processes scale appropriately with the company.
- Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive to establish frameworks and best practices including methodologies and tooling.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S./B.A. Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of people management experience leading teams in program management, Engineering or Operations in distributed environment
- Ability to work effectively with peers managers and leaders to achieve shared goals
- Experience with software engineering practices in a rapid growth organization
- Practical and advanced understanding of managing the lifecycle of large-scale programs and projects.
- Skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communications
- You have experience with cloud IaaS providers and implementation best practices, preferably with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Passionate about Infrastructure as Code, automation, and developing solutions that help developers move quickly and safely
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on small or large teams
- You’ve worked with SaaS or another type of managed software offering
- You’ve worked to operationalize complex software at scale
- You’ve led teams in customer-centric and agile organizations
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Reflective and Responsible
- Thrive in a fast paced technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RS1