Lead Product Designer, Community
United Kingdom (Remote)
Lead Product Designer, Community
Location: US or Canada (Remote); UK/EMEA (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Lead Product Designer for the Nomad team.
About the role:
As a Lead Product Designer working on Nomad Cloud, you'll collaborate tightly with a distributed team of product managers, engineers, to help shape the next version of HashiCorp’s operator and developer experiences. You'll combine research and creativity to provide our technical users with practical and elegant solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution, customer value, and impact.
In your cover letter, please include a link to your online portfolio, your CV or LinkedIn profile, and 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences, plus a few words to describe why HashiCorp is interesting to you.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and product managers on user experience challenges across the UI, CLI, and API
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Lead design projects beginning to end, including facilitating design sprints/workshops and presenting your work to stakeholders, customers, and open-source users
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared and accessible design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Can point to product design experiences that you helped ship
- Have a minimum 8 years of product design experience
- Have experience designing and/or using developer tools
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with workload orchestration, containers, and/or microservices architectures
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Have experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.