Global Account Manager
United States - New York City, New York (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
The Global Account Manager (GAM) is an account executive role responsible for managing a strategic pursuit team including customer-facing engineers, architects and HashiCorp executives. This team will identify, manage and close business with the largest companies in the world by driving value back to our customers and ensuring they are able to successfully adopt and scale our tools and meet their desired outcomes. The GAM will help these customers understand and deliver on the Cloud Operating Model and embed the right resources so these customers can execute on their digital transformation goals.
Global Accounts are the customers with the highest propensity to spend on technology investments. They have a major presence in multiple global centers and require a globally distributed team to build the right engagement model. The GAM is responsible for executive alignment and communication as well as creating and driving complex sales cycles within these customers.
The Global Account Manager will be solely responsible for the financial goals aligned to their customers and outcomes agreed to with these customers. They will align all internal and external resources to ensure the customer(s) meets their goals. They will work with the proper Global Systems Integrators (GSI’s) that are already working with their customers to expand the customers awareness of HashiCorp’s value. They will align with the customer(s) strategic CSP’s (Amazon, Microsoft, Google) and ISV’s to ensure we are supporting their strategic goals and priorities. The GAM will build a repeatable process to communicate the customers goals and timelines to all necessary parties so HashiCorp and our partners can be aligned to the success of these largest customers.
In this role you can expect to
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Identify strategic prospects in existing accounts with new use cases and new lines of business (LOB’s)
- Manage complex Global sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects within LOB’s in the customers.
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new executive buyers for your Customer(s)
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Heavy experience with the largest financial services accounts in the world
- Effectively communicate with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process, and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
- Regular Air Travel is required
- Ideal candidates would be located on the East coast of the US
- Will require 50% + travel (in normal times)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Significant strategic sales and strategic customer development experience focused on customers in the top 10% of the G2K.
- Track record of closing complex transactions in the largest companies in the world.
- Experience in Open Source software business models is preferred and proficiency in Cloud and Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement
- Creation and execution of multi-year business plans that orchestrates across lines of business and shares services executive teams.
- Good executive presence, communication skills, and credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual goals and targets and consistently ranked top 1-2 in their organization.
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-BS1