Sr. Software Engineer, Waypoint Core
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
Waypoint is a brand new open-source project from HashiCorp that provides a modern workflow to build, deploy, and release across platforms. The Waypoint engineering team is small, works primarily in public, and has an ambitious roadmap to help address deployment complexity for individual developers and large organizations.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Help form and guide the direction of an early open source project at HashiCorp
- Work on both plugins interacting with external APIs (in the manner of Terraform) and the core of Waypoint (client/server/CLI)
- Listen to feedback and interact thoughtfully with our early-adopter community after launch.
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You're familiar with Cloud platform APIs, either with a practice of deploying to or developing integrations for them.
- You are passionate about the software development life cycle and how HashiCorp tools can improve developer experience in small and large organizations.
- You have experience in a lower-level language like Go
- You’re able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working on the Waypoint project. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!