Software Engineer, Terraform Azure Provider
United States (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we build the open source tools Consul, Nomad, Terraform, Vault, Packer, and Vagrant in addition to their counterpart enterprise products. We look towards the Tao of HashiCorp for our guiding product development values and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users and partners. We take care to balance and be responsive to both the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise product customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely remote, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for talented self-starters who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the command line. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned. Terraform Providers are responsible for the interface and interactions between Terraform and the required APIs to interact with the infrastructure.
The Terraform Azure Providers team is responsible for development and maintenance of the three officially supported Azure Terraform providers (azurerm, azuread, and azurestack) in close collaboration with the growing Azure Terraform community, Microsoft, and HashiCorp’s customers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with nearly every part of Azure in the process of extending, maintaining and enhancing the Azure providers
- Be responsible for stewardship of the Azure providers by supporting internal, community and partner contributors with guidance, supportive and constructive code reviews, documentation improvements, mentorship, and changes required to make our users successful
- Advocate and support improvements to Terraform Core and the Terraform plugin SDK
- Work with Microsoft to support a relationship strategic to HashiCorp
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have operated and maintained production systems in Azure, or have extensive experience with the Microsoft Ecosystem
- You have a strong Software Engineering or DevOps background
- You have used Terraform & enjoy working with Go (or experience with C/C++/C#)
- You have experience in education, customer support, or OSS community support applicable to the Terraform community
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and tools (infrastructure as code, software defined networking, virtualization, and the tools used to operate and maintain related systems)
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect to how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to the Terraform Azure Team in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. If you do not have any Azure experience but have an interest in working with Azure and are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway.