Sr. Systems Engineer
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
The HashiCorp IT Team is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for helping to manage and maintain the backend operations of our IT infrastructure systems. This includes, but is not limited to endpoint management systems, office network infrastructure, IT systems alerting and tooling.
About the role
We are particularly interested in someone who thinks critically and approaches resolving problems creatively. Communication is key on the HashiCorp IT Team, so the ideal candidate will be a great communicator who pays close attention to detail. We are a distributed team that values humility, humanity, and bright personalities; someone who is flexible and can work independently as well as collaboratively.
In this role you can expect to:
- Executing SSO integrations with in-house applications, third party applications, and SaaS applications for provisioning, identity access management, and the development of connectors between IAM tools and system resources.
- Assist with designing, building, configuring and troubleshooting SAML integrations for all core line-of-business applications for all departments at HashiCorp
- Write and publish technical documentation on processes and procedures followed by the team
- Serve as a tier III escalation point for User Support team, providing hands-on (remotely via Zoom) support for users of various technical backgrounds, for users around the globe.
- Perform analysis of systems and identify problem areas before and after deployments, identify ways of enhancing existing systems
- Perform regular proactive maintenance of office networks (i.e. updating network infrastructure)
- Perform regular proactive maintenance of our endpoint management platforms (i.e. ensuring our system policies are being deployed efficiently on a daily basis and all endpoints are hitting the appropriate systems at all times)
- Participate in PagerDuty On-Call schedule to ensure triggered alerts are acknowledged and resolved with minimal or no downtime
- Maintain vendor relationships by engaging when necessary and making use of customer support processes
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Subject matter expert in SSO and Federated Identity Management (i.e. SAML, OpenID, OAuth and other industry standard authentication/authorization solutions)
- Demonstrated professional experience configuring and administering enterprise SAML IdPs, such as Okta
- Expertise with SaaS solutions such as Okta SSO, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, etc.
- Experience tracking and resolving tickets via ZenDesk, JIRA or other enterprise ticketing systems
- Scripting and debugging experience (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Linux workstation environments
- Demonstrated experience providing level 3 desktop support on-site and/or remotely, providing creative solutions to complex systematic problems
- Solid understanding of networking equipment functionality and management; on-site and/or remotely (i.e. Meraki Switches and APs, Palo Alto Firewalls, etc.)
- Understanding of networking concepts, such as WIFI, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, VPN, etc.
- Familiarity with Saas solutions such as Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Zoom, etc.
- Experience tracking tickets via ZenDesk, JIRA or other enterprise ticketing systems
- Eagerness and ability to learn quickly and independently with provided means and resources
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-ES1