Product Education Engineer
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an authority on a HashiCorp product (Boundary, Consul, Terraform, Nomad, Packer, Vault, Waypoint), and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational best practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
HashiCorp is a remote-first company headquartered in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools that provide consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
This role is central between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be passionate about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with realistic scenarios that conform to educational methodologies, and documenting examples for others to learn from.
Are you passionate about DevOps, microservices, security, teaching, and education? We want you to join our team to publish content internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create Learn guides for your HashiCorp product and related technologies, including step-by-step, conceptual, and recommended pattern guides.
- Create HashiCorp blog article highlighting a tutorial or collection of tutorials.
- Collaborate on, write, and review Learn guides with other Education Engineers.
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff, the open-source community, and our technology partners.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions.
- Identify missing use cases and deployment configurations.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Passion for learning and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web applications to the cloud through CI/CD.
- Experience with any cloud hosting provider (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, or any other)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Experience operating and maintaining HashiCorp products in a production environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with graphic design or visual explanations is preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
Please include a link to a sample of your writing or conference presentation, on any technical topic.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-SY1 #LI-REMOTE