Sr. Solutions Engineer - Consul
United States - New York City, New York (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
The Consul SE Specialist is responsible for driving awareness and sales of our service networking solution, Consul. The SE Specialist will work with their EAM Specialist counterpart to formulate and execute a Consul sales strategy within an assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the enterprise space. The specialist will carry a quota for Consul product sales within their region and work in partnership with the existing account-owning Enterprise Account Managers, Solutions Engineers, and sales leaders.
By working in a high performance team environment, the specialist will drive Consul business development and sales growth by providing technical expertise around application delivery specifically in the context of multiple technical (development. operations, and security) and executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to...
- Engage new and existing Consul open source users to demonstrate how they can be more successful with our service networking solution by solving service discovery, network iInfrastructure automation, and service mesh challenges
- Lead as a Consul expert in development operations to the sales team and technical lead on strategic client relationships in large financial Services, healthcare, web, retail and other industry verticals
- Align with EAMs, SEs, front line leadership, and lead pre-sales engineering activities including account/opportunity planning, demand generation, discovery & qualification, technical & business validation, and success planning
- Engage in SE-led outbound demand generation activity making use of the tools available (enablement/education via workshops, health checks, etc.)
- Provide expert guidance on development operations (DevOps) concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of Consul, the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio, and the competitive landscape
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations to ensure the solutions/products meets client business objectives
- Align the value of the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Regular domestic air travel required
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Significant technical pre-sales / Solutions Engineering experience or equivalent
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience (practitioners welcome)
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, distributed systems, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Experience/familiarity with service discovery solutions such as Consul, etcd, Zookeeper, etc.
- Experience/familiarity with networking middleware solutions provided by companies such as F5, NGINX, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, etc.
- Experience/familiarity with service mesh control plane/data plane solutions such as Consul, Istio, Linkerd, Envoy, NGINX, HAProxy, etc.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Experience in open source software business models and proficiency in cloud, infrastructure, and networking software
- Experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Experience selling in the New York Metro area
- Ideal candidate will be based out of NYC, NJ, New England or PA
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.