Manager, Engineering - Terraform Cloud
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing a Terraform Cloud engineering team and participating in overall product delivery.
Terraform Cloud is a multi-tenant SaaS, which also gets distributed as a Private deployment targeting many different customer-run infrastructure platforms. The Terraform Cloud engineering team is dedicated to developing the product as it continues to evolve.
HashiCorp views management and technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering Terraform Cloud to a fast-growing customer base
- Help the team field issues coming from customers working on using Terraform Cloud on their infrastructure
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Hire within the US, UK, Canada, and more to grow your team
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
- A strong and nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used infrastructure technologies
- Interest in a management career track in a technical context
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Terraform Cloud team in particular. Note that we consider a cover letter an essential part of a complete application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.