Sr. Designer, Design Systems
United States (Remote)
Sr. Designer, Design Systems
Location: US or Canada (Remote); EMEA or UK (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a designer for our Design Systems Team to enable HashiCorp to create quality interfaces on a massive scale, across GUIs, CLIs, and APIs for our product and brand experiences.
About the role:
In this role, you’ll play a key role in creating a design system that will be used across HashiCorp’s products and experiences. You’ll collaborate with designers and engineers across the company to understand their needs and work to develop the necessary tokens, patterns, and tools to build an accessible, extensible design system.
If you enjoy sweating the finer details of user experience design, accessibility, and collaborating with your peers to help them be successful and contributing to code, this could be the perfect role for you.
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience designing and building industry-leading design systems
- Ability to understand and design solutions at a systemic and feature level
- Experience designing sustainably accessible web interfaces that meet accessibility standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Strong opinions, loosely held on what excellent web experiences look like and how to design them
- Ability to navigate team dynamics to communicate the value of your work and drive its adoption
In this role, you can expect to...
- Prototype and lead the design of patterns and components in our design system in collaboration with other designers and engineers
- Serve as a resource for other designers and engineers on the best way to build accessible products using our design system. A significant part of this role is helping set other designers up for success.
- Write documentation on how and why components and patterns are applied
- Compellingly communicate your ideas to, and incorporate the ideas of, a wide variety of teammates and stakeholders
You may be a good addition to the team if you have...
- 2 or more years working on design systems
- At least 5 years experience in a design role
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design system deliverables (components, interaction design, iconography, and prototypes)
- Expertise with Figma or other design tools
- Experience building tools or products for a developer audience
- Comfort collaborating with front-end engineering teams and have some hands-on experience contributing presentational code to web projects
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership of their work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.