Sr. Software Engineer - Backend - Vault Developer Experience
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
Vault helps organizations secure dynamic infrastructure across any cloud and environments. The Developer Experience team focuses on providing workflows and beautiful functionality that delight developers using Vault.
This is a senior engineering role that will provide technical expertise and leadership for our developer-focused roadmap.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with Developer Advocates, Design, Product Management, Engineering Management, Marketing and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Inform the technical approach and architecture of Vault as it relates to developer experiences.
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners.
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins.
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community.
- Foster a culture of learning through iterative improvements and strong collaboration with UX research.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You love hacking on various technologies to help developers use Vault
- Delivered developer-focused software at high growth companies or divisions.
- You have experience with systems programming in languages such as Go or C
- You have experience with practical cryptography to ensure the privacy and integrity of data
- You have experience building secure applications and authentication protocols
- You have experience working with distributed software
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help work with the Vault community
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- You have a working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- You have experience using Vault
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.