Director, Field Marketing- EMEA
United Kingdom (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
The Field Marketing team at HashiCorp is a data-driven, fast-paced, collaborative worldwide team. The Director, Field Marketing - EMEA will lead the Europe, Middle East, and Africa segment across regional and partner field marketing. This new role will be responsible for leading all EMEA team members, oversee coordinated initiatives across the region, and be accountable for all metrics across the EMEA team.
The field marketing team executes regional and vertical-specific marketing campaigns that help move accounts through our sales cycle faster and more effectively. The team works closely with sales, revenue marketing, digital marketing, and product marketing to deliver results and expand our local footprint.
At HashiCorp, we do things a bit differently, including marketing. The right candidate for this role will closely align field marketing efforts with HashiCorp values, brand, and culture. You will do this by immersing yourself in the company culture and actively learning our voice and our product tools. You are passionate about being a strong contributor to an organization and want to help build a company. You thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment and strike the balance between driving your team to clear results, while leading with kindness. You proactively align your team to company initiatives and core messaging, but also enjoy the ever-changing nature of startups and can adjust accordingly. You enjoy guiding direct reports, providing them with honest and direct feedback, and look for ways to lead them to self-improvement. You are very detail-oriented, have strong communication skills, and are constantly ensuring your team’s work is in lockstep with marketing, sales, and company needs. You like to think strategically and take a personal approach to marketing, while also understanding your team’s efforts ultimately need to be validated by data.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead EMEA field marketing team across regional and partner field marketing.
- Work closely with EMEA sales leaders to ensure alignment across field marketing, sales, sales ops, and solutions engineering.
- Oversee team’s execution of geographically focused campaigns and activities focused on shortening the sales cycle for key accounts. Field marketing campaigns include on- and offline tactics and span the entire sales cycle, focused by audience, region, and sometimes by vertical.
- Guide team to coordinated multi-touch marketing campaigns across subregions and quarters.
- Report on EMEA FM results weekly, monthly, and quarterly for business reviews, including analytic reports from Salesforce, Clari, and Splash.
- Focus efforts on driving the HashiCorp enterprise business, but have experience and understanding of how our open source activities and the IT practitioners support our company.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years managing field marketing teams. Additionally, experience across multiple marketing disciplines, including customer-facing events, digital campaigns, and email.
- Strong written and verbal skills, including presentations and slide decks
- Ability to work closely with a distributed sales team and collaborate closely across geographically dispersed marketing teams and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable in a range of environments from a C-level executive dinner to chatting with practitioners at conferences
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and actively seek candid feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Travel across Europe and North America as needed for internal meetings and major marketing events (upon return of travel)
- Proficient in Salesforce, Marketo, and SplashThat with ability to learn new software quickly
This position is remote-friendly, with travel to key EMEA sales regions, our San Francisco headquarters, and North America as needed, upon return of business travel.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.