Sr. Product Designer, Vault
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Sr. Product Designer, Vault
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises secure their applications and systems. We provide many of the most innovative and trusted companies with tools to manage secrets and protect sensitive data. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
As a Product Designer working on Vault, you’ll collaborate tightly with product management, engineering, as well as designers and researchers to design a best in class security experience. You'll combine research and ideation to provide our technical users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution and customer value and impact.
HashiCorp Design, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
- Collaborate early and often with engineers, product managers and designers on user experience challenges across the UI, CLI, and API
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient experiences
- Support design projects from beginning to end, including facilitating design sprints/workshops and presenting your work to stakeholders, customers, and open-source users
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Have a minimum 6 years of product design experience
- Have experience designing and/or using developer tools
- Employ a process and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Familiarity with Security Operations and/or application development
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.