Product Manager - Reference Architecture
United States (Remote)
About the Role
The Engineering Services team is a part of the HashiCorp Cloud Services team that develops and operates the platform behind the SaaS versions of all HashiCorp products. The Engineering Services team is also responsible for providing shared services and solutions across all self-managed HashiCorp products.
As a product manager in the Engineering Services team, you will work on creating strongly opinionated methodologies, tooling, and documentation to create and support a straightforward and beautiful practitioner experience from the first deployment onwards. You will do this by helping develop and maintain a library of modules here that embody best practices in how our products are deployed together to solve customer problems.
The work will require you to understand architectural problems and user pain points in deploying and maintaining HashiCorp software. You will be writing technical strategy documents that guide and prioritize the development roadmap for the team and subsequently work with the team to design, deliver, and iterate on the right solutions. You will be working with internal stakeholders including Product, Sales, and Customer Success, and external stakeholders such as our enterprise customers and community practitioners. You will need to understand our technology in both breadth and depth while working with varied stakeholders. You will be responsible for the vision and roadmap of multiple areas within the Engineering Services team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Speak to a variety of stakeholders and use a data-driven approach to define what problems we need to solve. Find the essence of the issues customers are having and help communicate them to your engineering team.
- Distill and prioritize deployment architectures that bring the most value to customers and collaborate with engineering to codify those architectural best practices using HashiCorp tools.
- Work with GTM teams on the messaging and adoption of the new features and modules.
- Communicate clearly, as a remote company it’s important for us to be able to write well to share our research and results.
- Work on features, releases, and improvements from start to finish with engineering and design. Own the user feedback cycle and represent it in the team.
- Bring your own unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- You have 1+ years in product management and 3+ years of strong technical background in infrastructure or DevOps.
- You have experience in designing and managing cloud infrastructures in AWS, Azure, or GCP. Additionally, you might have certifications on these platforms.
- You are experienced using Terraform or other Infrastructure as Service (IaaS) tools.
- You excel in an agile environment based on constant iterative development.
- You’re a proactive communicator who prizes clear and transparent communication.
- You have experience writing technically for an audience of varying technical experience levels.
- You thrive in collaborative environments and are eager to give and receive feedback.
- You actively look for opportunities to make improvements; whether to product, process, or organization.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to leverage the rapid growth of a successful product to hone your product management skills and continue growing in your career.
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills