Manager, Engineering - Boundary Cloud
United States (Remote)
Boundary is one of our newest open source projects that provides simple and secure remote access to any system based on a trusted user identity. HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP) is a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
About the Role
This is an engineering management role that will provide the opportunity for ownership over current and future Secure cloud services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support the team of engineers building the suite of microservices that run Boundary in multiple clouds (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Ensure reliable and scalable Boundary cluster operations through thoughtful monitoring and release practices
- Collaborate with internal platform teams to ensure that shared concerns such as identity management, billing, usage analytics, and upgrades are implemented in accordance to customer needs, utilizing shared platform capabilities
- Drive improvements to the Boundary product based on the needs of customers consuming it as a cloud service
- Foster a culture of learning and operational improvements through effective incident management processes
- Partner with product managers, software engineers, and customer success to define the team’s roadmap
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
You may be a good fit if:
- Managed or supported engineers on small or large distributed teams
- You have delivered similar solutions (as an individual contributor or manager) for a SaaS/cloud service through a phase of significant growth.
- You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- You are passionate about reducing operational toil, and can advocate for product and platform improvements that can scale with product adoption.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.