Product Education Engineer
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
In this role you will produce architectural guidance that customers can use to implement HashiCorp products and use cases in production. You will synthesize existing internal resources and collaborate with Solutions Engineers, Support, and Customer Success Architects to draft, edit, and maintain our multi-cloud architecture recommendations. You will produce checklists, questionnaires, guides and other documentation to help enterprises succeed in implementing HashiCorp products.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with departments across HashiCorp to document how enterprises implement infrastructure automation, zero trust security, and network infrastructure automation in production.
- Identify common customer implementation patterns and pain points. Address them in new and existing public documentation.
- Conduct user interviews with current customers to identify successful training tactics and collaboration patterns.
- Identify content gaps based on customer needs and existing resources.
- Prioritize new content requests from across internal teams and manage multiple streams of content in process.
- Become fluent across the full stack of HashiCorp production products (Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad, Packer, and others) and supporting platforms and services (hosting, monitoring, governance, and others).
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience educating the users or administrators of devops tools, either internally, as a consultant, or for a devops tooling company.
- Experience deploying, securing, or maintaining applications on at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, or others).
- Experience creating cleanly written, customer facing documentation or architectural recommendations.
- Experience leading ongoing, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Humility and curiosity about how to learn and to help others learn.
- Optional: Operational knowledge of HashiCorp’s Enterprise products.
In your cover letter or resumé, describe an architectural tradeoff you’ve made in a past job. Please include a link to a sample of your writing.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.