Business Systems Analyst, Procurement Systems
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
As the Finance Business Systems Analyst - Procurement Systems, you will be responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies utilized by the Finance team at Hashicorp. This role works closely with global finance leaders to effectively identify requirements, define scalable business processes, implement changes, manage project plans and coordinate cloud systems upgrade releases.
You will be responsible for the planning, analysis, design, and delivery of solutions primarily focused on Procurement processes but assist with other finance system initiatives as needed. You will lead the scoping/planning of solutions on new technologies to support the finance team. We are looking to onboard a Business Systems Analyst with experience in optimizing Coupa’s Procure-to-Pay solution use across multiple business processes.
In this role you can expect to...
- Partner closely with our Procurement, Security, and other Finance teams to build a foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Be the go-to Business Systems Analyst for Coupa and Certa systems responsible for scoping, planning, eliciting requirements (business and system requirements, integration, data migration) including staying abreast of new functionality released that can improve business processes.
- Provides first level support for issues and troubleshoots solutions as needed including integration issues, .
- Be the lead person in coordinating release management for systems like Coupa, organizing the new enhancements, assigning release testing for critical workflows, and assisting the capture of documentation and approvals upon the completion of testing.
- Provide technical and functional support and gain expertise focused mainly on Coupa and Certa but also across Netsuite, SalesForce, Stripe, Concur, and other similar finance SaaS Applications. Serve as SME across various application platforms.
- Partner with the procurement team on identifying and addressing business enhancements to their current procurement workflows.
- Troubleshoot integration and scripting errors by reviewing log files or email notifications and be proactive with addressing and remediating these issues.
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle (SDLC) activities - design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Assesses current system utilization; Provide product support, track escalations, perform root cause analysis and work with vendors support teams to resolve issues as needed.
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Use a consultative approach with partners to build business capability matrices and system scalability measures for the Finance system portfolio.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify system and process improvements, deliver business and technical requirements with business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, and user acceptance tests. Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Act as the project manager for medium to small initiatives – identify and communicate with stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Partner with our Governance, Risk and Compliance team to implement and execute compliance processes for SOX, GDPR etc.
- Keep track of best practices, trends and advancements including AI, RPA, etc. in the field of Finance technology.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Financial business processes, including but not limited to : Procure-to-Pay, Budgeting & Planning, Accounting, AR, AP, GL, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Asset Management, Intercompany Management, Advanced Billing.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience within Coupa-to-Netsuite integrations, scripts, and best practice Procure-to-Pay workflows.
- Experience in Developer tools will be an added advantage: Suite Builder, Suite Flow, Suite Analytics, Suite Script, Suite Talk, Suite Bundler
- Coupa core platform certification is required
- Experience managing vendor relationships and assisting with the software selection process.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of driving results through indirect influence and delivering results.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests.
- Commitment to excellence in delivery of customer service.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.