Sr. Software Engineer - Developer Productivity - Cloud Services
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Cloud Services Production Engineering focuses on the common elements of running Hashicorp Cloud Platform (HCP) in production - our infrastructure, release pipelines, operability tooling and reliability practices.
We’re looking to create a dedicated team focused on enabling the many engineers developing services and products on HCP to be more efficient and productive in their work, allowing them to get ideas out to production safely and quickly. This will focus on some key areas: personal development environments, build and release (CI/CD) pipelines, service standards and common libraries.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced engineer to help define the vision for a new team that will have tremendous impact within our group, seeking answers to questions like:
- How can we minimize time spent between code commit and production deploy, without sacrificing quality or reliability?
- How do we keep dependencies updated, and apply security/reliability fixes quickly?
- How do we use feature flagging effectively?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, we’d love to meet you! We have a large footprint and a quickly-growing user base, with lots of interesting problems and plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Think critically about the current challenges of a high-delivery engineering organization, and develop novel solutions
- Jointly develop and execute on a roadmap for solving identified challenges
- Work closely with engineering leaders and managers within our group, and other teams within the company focused on quality and reliability
- Grow into a technical leader for a new discipline for our organization
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Informed opinions (from prior experience) about:
- Test methodology and tooling for a Go microservice architecture.
- CI / CD tools and build + release pipelines
- Test infrastructure and systems supporting complex distributed systems, with several services and codebases
- Desire to think strategically about these sort of challenges, and jointly develop a vision, & roadmap for a team to execute on
- A passion for focusing work on unblocking others and empowering engineers to do their best work
- The ability to develop and maintain common libraries across multiple Go microservices.
How We Work
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Application Process
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete.
In your cover letter, please describe what draws you to working at HashiCorp and to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience are great to include, too.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.