Sr. Software Engineer - Frontend - Consul Cloud
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
About the position
You’ll be part of a team that owns the set of microservices that run Consul as a service on various clouds, including Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure and HCP Consul on AWS. You’ll work with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers to contribute to our UI. We are building a cloud offering that will include a lot of UI flows typical of what you would find in a SaaS app. The main areas of your work include:
- Building high-quality and performant user interfaces that drive Consul product-specific functionality at cloud.hashicorp.com
- Collaborating with product designers on shaping the flows during the design process
- Collaborating with other front end engineers in the organization around best practices and shared components
- Collaborating with other engineers on the team on driving API changes necessary to build the best user experience for our users
We are a small team, so, likely, you would also be required to work on quite a few ad-hoc tasks as and when they present themselves. This role also offers the opportunity to grow into either more front-end or back-end work depending on your interests and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across our product, primarily on the front-end (We use Ember.js, but do not require Ember experience)
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers
- Be a part of a distributed team (we’re in North America and Europe)
You may be a good fit if:
- You have experience with front-end technology (Ember, Angular, React, etc.)
- You are familiar with microservices architecture
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, describe why you are interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
What is our hiring process?
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with the Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview with one of our engineers
- Code Review interview with one of our engineers
- Communication and Collaboration interview with another team member
- Conversational interview with a designer
While the above serves as a basic outline, we might add or remove steps based on the information gathered during the process.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.