Secure Cloud - Backend Engineer - Vault & Boundary
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Secure Cloud - Backend Engineer - Vault & Boundary (All Levels - Multiple Openings)
About the role:
We are looking for experienced engineers and senior engineers across all levels to join the Secure Cloud team. This person will focus on managing the orchestration, scalability and reliability of the Vault & Boundary product cloud experience.
What does HashiCorp Secure Cloud platform deliver:
- Simplified Management - Delivers all of the power and security of Vault & Boundary, without the complexity and overhead of managing it yourself.
- Day Zero Readiness - Provides instant modern cloud security to quickly secure applications, access, and data from day zero.
- Reliability - We’ve supported thousands of commercial clusters and HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP) brings that expertise directly to users.
- One workflow across clouds - HashiCorp’s centralized identity, policies, and virtual networks enable consistency and flexibility for your team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for operations management
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers
- Own the full lifecycle of development including design, testing, release, and running the service in production
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation that supports our critical production services
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have 3+ years of professional software development experience
- You are familiar with microservices architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
- You have a strong understanding of security principles
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.