Manager, Engineering - Packer
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
Packer is one of HashiCorp's oldest tools, and is a de facto standard in the infrastructure community for creating and automating the creation of machine images for dozens of platforms and technologies. The Packer team supports a strong open source community and these integrations, and recently has announced a new service on HashiCorp's cloud platform "HCP". This service aims to simplify complex workflows HashiCorp customers have for managing machine images.
In this role you can expect to…
- Coach and support engineers working on Packer and HCP Packer
- Work directly with the Packer community and HashiCorp customers to improve the Packer and HCP Packer product and define its future potential
- Hire and grow a small team in a rapidly growing organization
- Ensure high reliability of the tool through ensuring thoughtful testing and release practices
- Work with engineers to own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release in both a open source CLI tool and SaaS context
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on large or small teams
- You’re familiar with VMs, infrastructure, cloud platforms, or other infrastructure components, and ideally have worked on teams utilizing or maintaining them
- You’ve worked in a systems engineering or systems operations (eg. devops) context
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.