Vice President, Product Management - Terraform Product Line
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Product Management who is excited about building the next generation of infrastructure software.
As the VP of Product Management for the Infrastructure Product Line, you will drive the product strategy for HashiCorp infrastructure products. The infrastructure product line includes Terraform and has adjacency opportunities for related projects and products. Your goal is to maximize the impact of the overall infrastructure product portfolio and orient the product team with a portfolio strategy. The role responsibility includes driving open source usage and sustainably growing commercial revenue for both customer-managed and software-as-a-service delivery models. Excellent story-telling, communication and team-building skills are required to collaborate effectively with organizational leaders in other functions and lead the team. You will manage other product leaders and product managers towards a common vision and mentor them to do their best work — market and user research, requirements definition, and roadmap creation. You will work closely with marketing, design and engineering colleagues as well as other functions in sales and support.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build, invest and curate products in the infrastructure product portfolio.
- Hire, lead and manage the product management teams in the portfolio.
- Grow open source and community awareness for HashiCorp infrastructure solutions.
- Sustainably grow commercial revenue
- Lead market analysis, research and decision-making on new markets and products in the infrastructure portfolio.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Engage with key customers and community members to drive roadmaps.
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by product managers.
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Problem Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps.
- Partner with the marketing, design and engineering teams to deliver on the roadmap.
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests.
- Orchestrate technical sales training for pre-sales engineers.
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc).
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Experience leading product portfolios with $100m+ annual revenue
- 5+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 5+ years leading teams of product managers
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of the cloud market
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with SaaS products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample will be a written strategy document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by other teams.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.