Manager, Engineering - Engineering Services
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering Services at HashiCorp supports our product teams in the delivery of high-quality software that meets the needs of our customers and internal users. As a part of Engineering Services, the new Customer Tools team is responsible for building the tools and enablement for our self-managed products to operate and expand into the cloud offerings. This includes enterprise licensing, product telemetry, product diagnostics, and a customer portal to tie it all together.
We’d love to hear from you!
HashiCorp is an open source company. We take great joy in helping developers, designers, and infrastructure practitioners build and deploy applications with our products. We strongly encourage you to **write a cover letter** to tell us about yourself and what gets you excited about the cloud, infrastructure as code, or one of our products! We'd like to get to know YOU and why you are interested in working at HashiCorp. What makes you enthusiastic about infrastructure and automation? What's your favorite HashiCorp product?
About this Role
This engineering management role focuses on managing a high functioning, talented engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. Applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, partnering with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
The person who performs this role will lead and grow an engineering team focused on the tools and systems to enable our customers to gain value from our products.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner with product management, design, engineering, finance, and security leads to define your team’s roadmap
- Cultivate excellence in the reliability, scalability, security, and craft of the software your team builds
- Develop Ops policies for monitoring and ongoing management (patching, upgrades, audit requests, etc)
- Hire and grow a diverse engineering and operations team in a fast-scaling organization
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- Managed small or large software engineering teams
- Worked to operationalize complex software at scale
- Led teams in customer-centric and agile organizations with empathy and compassion
- Worked with SaaS or another type of managed software offering.Preferred but not required
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds is a plus
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.