Sr. Engineer - Fullstack - Terraform Cloud
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About The Team
The Terraform Cloud engineering teams are looking for Software Engineers to work in one of our product teams focused on meeting the growing needs of our customers.
We built Terraform, the open source industry standard in the Infrastructure-as-Code movement, and it’s changing how organizations from startups to the enterprise provision infrastructure. Terraform Cloud is our SaaS platform built on top of Terraform that has seen tremendous adoption with strong growth forecasted. This is an opportunity to have an impact not just on the productivity and lives of developers, but on improving an industry as a whole.
We operate autonomously in a highly collaborative, remote-first environment. Anchored by reflection and humility, we’re steadily improving our processes and technical practices that include continuous deployment and use of feature flags. With the support of your teammates and manager, you’ll grow your skills to reach the next level in your career.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own large customer facing projects, judiciously evaluate trade offs and remove project blockers
- Collaborate remotely on a cross-functional team including Engineering, Product, and Design to deliver excellent customer experiences
- Continuously improve the product by writing code in systems written in Ruby on Rails, Golang, and Ember.js
- Maintain a reliable production application for our customers while working alongside infrastructure engineering
- Empathize with the end user and be their voice when influencing priorities and technical decisions.
- Participate in cross-team working groups while deepening your knowledge as subject matter expert
- Enable your teammates through technical mentorship, code reviews, and pairing
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine and prioritize new features and enhancements.
You’re a great addition if you:
- Have 5+ years of production experience* working on any of the following:
- Backend applications (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Node)
- Frontend applications (e.g., Ember.js, React)
- Services written in Go
- Strive for quality through maintainable code and comprehensive testing from development to deployment
- Eagerly take on new challenges and are driven to deliver the highest quality solution for our customers
- Communicate clearly while remaining empathetic and kind
- Have an eagerness to learn through humility and reflection
* Production experience means you have worked professionally on software that operates in a production environment serving users.
We operate according to a strong set of company principles described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We’ve had a remote-first culture from the beginning. Our entire company, processes, and tools have been designed around this to ensure everyone is able to be successful from wherever they work. Learn more about how we work together.
We are dedicated to supporting the needs of our employees and their families in a way that is inclusive of all family structures. We’ve an extensive and generous list of benefits (which vary by country) to cover things such as parental leave, mental health days and assistance, medical insurance, and more.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.