Senior Internal Communications Manager
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
We are looking for an outstanding communicator and collaborator to help us create and run our Internal Communications function. You will help apply the communications strategies and approaches you know to help HashiCorp connect, inform, and engage its employees worldwide while building on our strong and unique remote-oriented culture. You will work closely with the Corporate Communications team, our executives, and our Legal, Finance, and People teams to define and execute our internal communications strategy. You will write compelling, engaging, and authentic storylines across all mediums for a variety of internal stakeholders and different audiences. You are a creative problem-solver who can see the big picture and make suggestions for how to improve our existing internal communications tools and channels. You have excellent judgment and can quickly absorb, understand, and speak with HashiCorp’s brand voice, culture, and principles. You ask thoughtful questions so you can quickly assess a situation and develop appropriate communications to support internal initiatives or help with explanations to the broader team.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Craft our internal communication strategy and build specific programs to deliver employee information and foster related conversation that meet company goals and employee needs. Partner closely with the People team, executives, and other company leaders to deliver these
- Work closely with the People team and others while running ongoing communications programs like the regular Company All Hands meetings and the internal company newsletter. Ensure these programs are well thought out, clear, set the standard for following the HashiCorp culture and principles, and are expertly executed
- Write and develop messaging around a variety of topics, including company-wide strategies, announcements, All-Hands presentations, executive talking points, FAQs, and our internal knowledge base
- Lead the development and strategy around new and existing communications channels
- Identify opportunities to share key milestones, business updates, cross-functional projects, diversity/engagement/inclusion programs, and people & culture initiatives with the broader company
- Create and manage the internal communications programs for the top executive leadership
- Ensure consistency of messages across all internal communications channels
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 8+ years of internal communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience at a tech company with organizational, crisis, and executive communications (preferably in-house) experience
- Strong relationship-building skills and a track record of working with executives and cross-functional colleagues in Marketing, People, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a knack for storytelling and the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and compelling messaging for very different audiences
- Excellent, proven project management experience; the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously while also developing effective communications under time constraints, including in urgent, critical, or crisis situations
- Experience writing for a range of executives and internal stakeholders; well-versed in crafting messaging for all mediums, including Slack, email, presentations, video scripts, and in-person talking points
- Experience working on internal communications around diversity, inclusion, and engagement programs
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically in order to connect with and inspire a diverse audience, even when others are doing the communicating
- A data-driven approach to measuring and quantifying the impact of internal communications to ensure we’re delivering the desired results and listening to employee feedback
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.