Manager, Engineering - Consul Core
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime.The Consul Tooling team supports Network Infrastructure Automation using a product that we created called Consul-Terraform-Sync and also creates and maintains tools that augment workflows around Consul like Consul-Template, Consul-ESM, EnvConsul and HashiCAT.
As the Engineering Manager for our Consul Tooling team, you'll be responsible for driving execution of product features and engineering efforts. You'll be managing a growing team of engineers and will own hiring, supporting, and improving the happiness and productivity of the members of your team while continuing to build a learning and iterative collaborative team culture.
You'll partner with a Product Manager to drive quick iterations of our projects, coordinate with other teams to ensure transparency around your work, and define and measure success.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support the team of engineers building the product, Consul-Terraform-Sync that solves for the Network Infrastructure Automation use case and our tools that augment workflows around Consul like Consul Template, Consul-ESM, and more.
- Ensure the user experience for our customers and practitioners is simple and intuitive
- Partner with product managers, software engineers, customer success to define the team’s roadmap
- Work closely with our cross-functional teams such as Support, Product Marketing, Solutions Engineering, Technical Program Managers, and other workstreams within Consul, ensuring that communication is high with both strategic goals and tactical next steps
- Drive improvements to the Consul product based on the needs of customers consuming Consul-Terraform-Sync, Consul Template, Consul-ESM, EnvConsul and HashiCAT.
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Support the career growth for individuals on your team
- Cultivate and enhance a culture of learning and growth creating a positive developer experience
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
- Opportunity to contribute directly to the tools, programming mostly in Golang
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve managed or supported engineers in a lead role on small or large distributed team
- You’ve delivered similar products (as an individual contributor or manager) through a phase of significant growth.
- You are passionate about balancing effective delivery with scaling a team responsibly
- You’ve worked with multiple cross-functional teams with many moving parts to reach a common goal
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to are great to include, too.
What our hiring process is like:
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Interview with someone from our recruiting team.
- Interview with hiring manager
* Interview Loop with additional team members, you'll speak to other managers, a product manager, and an engineer from the team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.