Federal Account Executive - US Navy
United States - District of Columbia (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
Federal Account Executive is an outside sales position responsible for developing, managing, and closing business within Strategic US Federal Government Accounts in our outside field sales organization. The role is responsible for driving the sales cycle from prospect to close selling the complete HashiCorp software suite to Federal accounts.
In this role you can expect to
- Engage new and existing HashiCorp Open Source Users to demonstrate how they can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Engage in significant Outbound activity making use of the tools available (yesware, discoverorg, Sales navigator, etc.)
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for your target accounts.
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Regular Air Travel is required
- Correctly estimate qualifying opportunities based on BANT
- Effectively communicate with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process, and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Experience in Open Source software business models is preferred and proficiency in Cloud and Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement
- Significant strategic sales and strategic customer development experience
- Track record in closing Federal Government deals
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- Good executive presence, communication skills, and credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets and consistently ranked top 1-2 on their team
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.