People Business Partner - G&A
United States - SF Bay Area (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
We are looking for a strategic People Business Partner to help support and align our growing G&A organization. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations and work collaboratively with all of our HashiCorp team members across the globe. This person has a deep appreciation for what we do and a passion for how we do it. Success will be largely based on the ability to build productive and positive relationships - but also on the desire to create replicable processes that can allow these relationships to thrive based on higher-order work.
In this role you can expect to...
- Coach leadership through people programs including compensation, talent development, performance, etc.
- Coach managers and individuals to ensure they and their teams are growing and meeting their individual and team objectives
- Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including organizational design, planning and compensation
- Provide expertise in planning, facilitation and execution of employee relations efforts
- Understand the needs of the growing G&A team and make recommendations around rewards that support recruiting and retention
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional stakeholders and liaise effectively with other business units/centers of excellence
- Nurture our strong culture and be a role model of our Principles and Tao
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our people team programs and initiatives
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- 5+ years of People Business Partner experience supporting senior leaders, preferably a rapidly growing tech organization
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues
- Experience leading org design changes
- Demonstrated past success in building and owning people programs
- Discretion and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential materials
- Effective communication, influence, and interpersonal skills; Great listener; Ability to break down complex concepts into simple and clear language that anyone can understand
- Analytically driven skills; Experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Experience managing employee relations issues that includes participation in investigations, handling employee disciplinary issues, and performance management meetings
- Passion for results; Able to deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner.
- Solid problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion approaches and history working on DEI initiatives
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.