Sr. Software Engineer - Frontend - Consul Core
United States (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We develop tools for service discovery, config management, and health monitoring. Our customers place a high level of trust in us, relying on our tools to operate their own infrastructure and software effectively, so we care deeply about reliability and performance.
About the position
You’ll be part of a team that owns the User Interface application that ships with Consul and provides information at a glance about the user’s service mesh, including network topology, service health, ACL configuration, KV store, and more. You’ll help us extend the capabilities of the Consul UI to make it an essential part of any Consul user’s toolkit. You’ll work directly with a small, focused team of frontend engineers and designers to build our UI. The main areas of your work include:
- Building high-quality and performant user interfaces that drive Consul product-specific functionality
- Collaborating with product designers on shaping user flows during the design process
- Collaborating with other front end engineers in the organization around best practices and shared components
- Collaborating with other engineers on the core team on driving API changes necessary to build the best user experience for our users
We are a small team, so you will likely also be required to work on quite a few ad-hoc tasks as and when they present themselves.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across our product, primarily on the front-end (We use Ember.js, but do not require Ember experience)
- Contribute to technical architecture and product strategy
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Provide code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Be a part of a distributed team (we’re in North America and Europe)
You may be a good fit if some of the following apply:
- You have experience with front-end frameworks and libraries (Ember, React, Svelte, Vue, etc.)
- You are familiar with microservices architecture
- You have experience driving consensus in groups
- You are excited about mentorship and coaching
- You are excited about solving problems in new environments
- Documentation and comments help you better understand your code
- You value thoughtfulness and curiosity in your work
- You have experience using Consul
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
If you choose to include a cover letter, describe why you are interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
What is our hiring process?
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with the Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview with one of our engineers
- Code Review interview with one of our engineers
- Communication and Collaboration interview with another team member
- Conversational interview with a designer
While the above serves as a basic outline, we might add or remove steps based on the information gathered during the process.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.