Manager, Product Management - Terraform Cloud
United States - California (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
Terraform is striving to create the best workflow for provisioning and automating infrastructure. We believe that by defining Infrastructure as Code you have not only a better development experience when provisioning any service but that you can create workflows that are more robust and powerful. A passionate open source developer audience has allowed us to grow one of the most popular open source tools today, a rich ecosystem of extensions into almost every infrastructure service available, and a commercial product which aims to help people provision at scale.
We’re looking for people who are interested in this space and want to join us to move it forward.
This role is for a manager in the Terraform Product team and will be responsible for leading a small team of product managers to build strategy and deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing PM team and focus on growing the product to address the needs of the infrastructure automation market. This role will report to the Director of Product Management, Terraform.
In this Leadership role you can expect to:
- Manage a growing group of product people, helping to define and plan for sustainable growth and personal development within your team.
- Work with many different internal teams to figure out the best way to communicate within the company and to our customers.
- Own the strategic direction of your group, and be able to regularly present it to leadership and customers.
- Help build processes to prioritize customer, community and internal feature requests on multiple projects
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 6+ years in product management or have a technical or design background in developer tooling, DevOps, or Infrastructure.
- Experience delivering a product in multiple forms - open source, enterprise, cloud/SaaS solutions.
- 2+ years managing people is a plus. Good experience in giving constructive feedback and building/planning how to grow a team.
- Articulate and effective communication skills, both in writing and verbally
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.