Sr. Product Designer - Infrastructure
United States (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
US or Canada (Remote), UK/EMEA (Remote), Brazil (Remote); #LI-RF1, #LI-REMOTE
Meet the Team
As a member of the Terraform team, you’ll be partnering closely with full stack and front end engineers, product managers, UX researchers, and design leadership on creating modern workflows to deploy infrastructure across multiple public and private clouds.
The particular focus of this role will be on new features and product enhancements around policy and compliance. The successful candidate will craft new experiences and product enhancements that will enable Terraform to meet customer requirements in these areas effectively. Their design work will help ensure that DevOps practitioners and engineers’ management of cloud infrastructure using Terraform complies with organizational policies and legislation while remaining agile and user-friendly.
What We Do
Terraform is an infrastructure as code platform that provides consistent workflows for managing infrastructure and enables operators to safely and predictably make changes to infrastructure at scale.
Terraform helps organizations improve productivity, reduce risk, and increase business velocity as they integrate cloud infrastructure into their IT environments.
We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team and continue on this journey with us.
What You’ll Do
You’ll use your passion for design to proactively face uncertainty and ambiguity, thrive by solving problems and collaborating with cross-functional partners, and hold a high bar for quality in design.
You'll collaborate tightly with a distributed team of peers to help shape the next version of HashiCorp’s operator and developer experiences. You'll combine research and creativity to provide our technical users with practical and elegant solutions to complex challenges. You’ll deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research.
You will have a focus on execution, customer value, and impact. Together, you will partner on setting priorities, designing workflows, developing features, and shipping world-class products.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
Learn the ins and outs of HashiCorp Design, become familiar with Terraform, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
This may include:
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools and processes
- Reviewing existing designs and patterns
- Becoming familiar with our design system
- Walk through the Terraform tutorials, deploying sample infrastructure, and becoming familiar with customer usage scenarios
- Review existing research and understand the personas
- Begin working on crafting experiences and prototypes for features on the roadmap
- Conducting research studies to learn more about Terraform users
- Meeting with your engineering and product peers at a regular cadence
- Review design work with peers and stakeholders
- Facilitate workshops to help define and refine solutions to open problem spaces
- Schedule and facilitate design reviews to collect feedback from and inform stakeholders and leadership
- Test and validate designs with users and subject matter experts to refine workflows
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.