Implementation Service Engineer
HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
We are growing our team of Implementation Services Engineers to ensure the successful delivery of HashiCorp’s solutions for our enterprise customers. As a member of the Global Support & Services organisation, the Implementation Engineer will be responsible for the project management and technical aspects of implementations. This starts with an internal hand-off with Sales all the way to a successful deployment, and a hand-off to the designated Technical Account Manager.
In this role you can expect to...
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a client implementation from initial internal hand-off from our sales team and sales engineer to installation, system configuration, and testing
- In some cases, you are also expected to provide some amount of training and limited post implementation support
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on HashiCorp architecture, tools and products
- Provide guidance for business decisions during the implementation from a technical perspective on issues such as: performance, scalability, reliability, and security
- Work with our Product Management, Product Engineering and Support team to resolve issues that occur during the implementation
- Manage the implementation plan, sharing weekly status reports
- Set, manage and meet mutual expectations with the customer to ensure satisfactory completion of implementation projects
- Handle escalations where necessary and manage customer as well as internal resources expectations
- Facilitate discovery and requirements analysis sessions with customers and the HashiCorp team
- Develop project plans and estimates in order to deliver on time and within budget
- Track and report project metrics to ensure project success and mitigate risk
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 5 years in a customer facing role/customer success role
- Proficiency with Vault in a production environment preferred
- Ability to provide guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large enterprise companies
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Experience managing and influencing change in organisations
- Strong project management skill
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.