About the Role
HashiCorp’s Community team works directly with and for our wonderful community of open source software practitioners and contributors. We are seeking a Manager based in the Americas to manage our team of Developer Advocates.
Developer Advocates are primarily focused on outbound content covering workflows to solve real-world practitioner challenges. They are the living brand of the company and our top practitioners/community members. As their manager, you will be expected to lead developer advocates by example, inspire them to grow in their careers, and help our practitioners to use our tools. For more information on our approach to developer advocacy, check out our blog.
In this role, you will:
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain Developer Advocates based in the Americas
- Collaborate to define practitioner content strategy in the Americas and inform our global strategy
- Work with several teams to improve our tools for the practitioner
- Work to automate key processes and workflows with our Developer Advocates
- Share our approach to community and advocacy with others in the industry through content like blogs and videos
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You embrace our principles
- You have a passion for building talent via mentorship and/or through direct management
- You are a strong communicator and advocate for your people
- Flexibility to balance shifting short-term priorities, long-term goals, and urgent issues
- You use metrics to inform your decisions
- You love to automate processes
- You know Terraform and/or other HashiCorp tools
- You have experience managing a team or working as a Developer Advocate or similar role
- 10+ years of experience in technology
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: