About the role
HashiCorp is expanding its Sales Development team to support the continued adoption of our Open Source offerings and the growth of our sales team. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying and creating new opportunities. Your primary objective will be to drive new business pipeline through quality engagements with our Open Source community and prospective customers.
In this role, you will gain an understanding of our technology, learn what it takes to be a great SDR, and build foundational skill sets that you will carry throughout your career. Our goal is to set you up for success in this role while providing opportunities for you to grow and advance in your career at HashiCorp.
In this role you can expect to
- Work with our Strategic Named account teams to drive the growth and adoption of HashiCorp products
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and our partner team to develop new strategies to build sales pipeline and grow our business
- Actively engage with new and existing leads through various outbound channels to increase customer interest and excitement around HashiCorp products
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value to a technical audience, adding value with every touchpoint
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
Diversity in thought, background, and experience is critical to our success, so there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to who we hire.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- 1-2 years sales (or relatable) experience
- High integrity and a team-first mentality
- Open to feedback, genuinely curious and constantly looking for ways to learn & improve
- Genuine interest and excitement for HashiCorp’s technology - don’t worry, we have a great onboarding program to get you up to speed.
- Experience working with a technical product or the aptitude to quickly learn complex technical concepts
- Fearless approach to prospecting -- phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills are all important
- Salesforce and other sales tools experience is a plus
Note: This role is hybrid with the expectation to come into the local Austin, TX office several days per week. Therefore, the incumbent must reside within commuting distance of the Austin area, or be willing to self-relocate upon hire.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: