US or Canada (North America remote); UK/EMEA remote
Meet the Team
Designing for our cloud platform is a team of teams: Design Systems, Practitioner Platform, and the Cloud Platform team. You’ll work with each team in varying capacities as you lead the visual direction of the experience design visual style, with input from director-level peers of product design and development teams.
What We Do
Millions of users use our open-source software to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
We’re building the shared features that all Hashicorp products will need to be successful for us to become a comprehensive experience. We solve problems at scale like Identities & Permissions, Billing & Payments, Service Design, Optimizing Portal Processes, Documentation, Logs, Analytics, and more!
What You’ll Do
You're passionate about design details and think in systems, not just screens. You understand the importance of both interaction and visual design finesse and think big picture. You are detail-oriented, understand pixel perfection, have a growth mindset and work independently under tight deadlines.
You will take a systems-mindset to build and integrate consistent, efficient designs (and distill them to appropriate components) across the HashiCorp product portfolio. Your emphasis will be on the complete systems life-cycle, from establishing a practice and vision that endures designing, building, documenting, and maintaining a library used by many product teams.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
Learn the ins and outs of HashiCorp Design, become familiar with our platform initiatives, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
This may include:
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools and processes
- Review existing designs, including familiarizing yourself with our design system
- Take Cloud tutorials, deploy sample applications, and understand our status quo, including known design challenges.
- Review existing research and understand our personas
- Review roadmaps and plans with other technical leaders
- Deliver and review design system work with peers and stakeholders
- Present the system's mission, library, and process to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams throughout the enterprise.
- Lead the visual direction of all HashiCorp experiences, with input from director-level peers of product design and development teams.
- Create delightful and clear illustrations for complex concepts and systems.
- Relay system progress regularly to primary director leads and executive/VP-level sponsors.
- Review systems' implementation for editorial quality, consistency, and usefulness.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with design system stakeholders to identify successes, challenges, perspectives, and preferences.
- Identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying opportunities for team members to drive and lead system aspects.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: