Data Scientist II
India - Noida (Onsite)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage and analyze raw data in order to build algorithms to provide data-driven business insights and high-impact ML models to generate significant business value.
- Work closely with FP&A digital team members, finance leads & analysts to understand areas of KPI and convert problems/queries related to those KPIs into a data science problem (AI/ML).
- Leverage data to help the business answer questions around revenue levers, process optimization, cost optimization, customer acquisition/retention/churn, and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning/data science models to predict and optimize the financial metrics- revenue, cost, etc.
Skillset & Experience required:
- Expert knowledge of statistical algorithms used for supervised (classification and regression) and unsupervised learning ( clustering)
- Rich experience in Classification techniques- (Decision tree, Bayesian classifiers), Ensemble Methods-(Random forest, GBM), and association mining
- Forecasting Techniques- ARIMA, Logistics Regression, Time series forecasting & Optimization techniques for prescriptive analytics.
- Rich experience in Clustering (Nearest neighbors, hierarchical clustering)
- Univariate & Multivariate analysis, Feature engineering, Dimensionality reduction & hyperparameter tuning.
- Stochastic modeling for uncertainty-based predictions- ( Markov analysis, Monte Carlo simulations).
- Exposure to Machine learning – Artificial recurrent neural network (LSTM) for forecasting would be added advantage.
- Comfortable using structure languages like R/Python and hands-on experience using libraries like sci-kit-learn, NumPy, pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc for building models.
- Prior experience building machine learning Pricing consumption revenue models.
- Minimum 5 yrs experience and exposure to Financial domain/Saas Organizations.
- Master’s Degree/PHD (preferably Ph.D.) in a quantitative field (Applied Mathematics, actuarial sciences Economics and Statistics/ Data Science) from Tier1/2 institution ( IISc, IIT, NIT, etc.)
- Formal education/certificate on AWS/GCP cloud platform or analytical tool like- SAS, Matlab, and with the understanding of analytical offerings. #LI-Onsite #LI-SG1
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.