About the role
The Global Account Manager (GAM) is an account executive role responsible for managing a strategic pursuit team including customer-facing engineers, architects and HashiCorp executives. This team will identify, manage and close business with the largest companies in the world by driving value back to our customers and ensuring they are able to successfully adopt and scale our tools and meet their desired outcomes. The GAM will help these customers understand and deliver on the Cloud Operating Model and embed the right resources so these customers can execute on their digital transformation goals.
Global Accounts are the customers with the highest propensity to spend on technology investments. They have a major presence in multiple global centers and require a globally distributed team to build the right engagement model. The GAM is responsible for executive alignment and communication as well as creating and driving complex sales cycles within these customers. This role is to specifically target the largest Telecommunications companies in Northern Europe.
The Global Account Manager will be solely responsible for the financial goals aligned to their customers and outcomes agreed to with these customers. They will align all internal and external resources to ensure the customer(s) meets their goals. They will work with the proper Global Systems Integrators (GSI’s) that are already working with their customers to expand the customers' awareness of HashiCorp’s value. They will align with the customer(s) strategic CSP’s (Amazon, Microsoft, Google) and ISV’s to ensure we are supporting their strategic goals and priorities. The GAM will build a repeatable process to communicate the customers goals and timelines to all necessary parties so HashiCorp and our partners can be aligned to the success of these largest customers.
In this role you can expect to...
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Identify strategic prospects in existing accounts with new use cases and new lines of business (LOB’s)
- Manage complex Global sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solutions and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects within LOB’s in the customers.
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new executive buyers for your Customer(s)
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Heavy experience with the largest financial services accounts in the world
- Effectively communicate with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process, and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
- Will require 50% + travel (in normal times)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Significant strategic sales and strategic customer development experience focused on customers in the top 10% of the G2K.
- Track record of closing complex transactions in the largest companies in the world.
- Experience in Open Source software business models is preferred and proficiency in Cloud and Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement
- Creation and execution of multi-year business plans that orchestrates across lines of business and shares services executive teams.
- Good executive presence, communication skills, and credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual goals and targets and consistently ranked top 1-2 in their organization.
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Fluent German language skills
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: